Thank you for your interest in this part of the web site of Shire plc (“Shire”).
IMPORTANT: Please read this notice carefully - it applies to all persons who view the site and, depending on who you are and where you live, it may affect your rights. You should read it in full each time you visit the site. Viewing parts of the site may not be lawful in certain jurisdictions.
The information on this web site is intended to be useful and informative for customers of and investors in Shire and is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. Shire will use reasonable care to ensure that the information is accurate at the time it is added to the web site but cannot guarantee this and does not accept any liability to update the information. In addition, Shire does not accept any liability, howsoever arising, for the accuracy, completeness, use of or reliance on the information contained on this web site . The information may be changed by Shire at any time.
Certain information on the site may be of an historical nature. All historical information contained in the documents or presentations set out in the site should be understood as referring to events and circumstances as they existed on the date that the relevant documents or presentations were first published or the relevant recordings were made. Nothing on this site constitutes an invitation or offer to invest or deal in the securities of Shire or an invitation by Shire or any of its subsidiaries to enter into a contract with a user of this part of the site.
The information on this web site may contain direct or indirect references to Shire's products but should not be considered complete and should not be used in place of professional medical advice. Always refer to the most current versions of a product's full prescribing information and important safety information. Shire does not recommend the self-management of health problems. Should you have any healthcare-related questions, please call or see your doctor or other healthcare professional promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here
The web site may from time to time contain hypertext-links to third parties’ web sites. Shire is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in respect of, any information or opinion contained on any other such site. As Shire has no control over such sites and because their content is subject to change without notice to Shire it is the responsibility of the user of the site to ensure that any information accessed is accurate and that software which is downloaded from that site is free of viruses or any other items of a destructive nature. Shire and its subsidiaries accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss, damage, costs or liability incurred through any such downloaded material.
The copyright in this web site belongs to Shire plc. All other intellectual property rights are reserved. Shire authorises you to copy materials published on this web site for non-commercial use only, provided that any copy of these materials which you make retains all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Use of the site and these disclaimers are governed by English law.
The US "Safe Harbor" statement under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Statements included herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time. In the event such risks or uncertainties materialize, Shire’s results could be materially adversely affected. The risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, that:
- Shire’s products may not be a commercial success;
- product sales from ADDERALL XR and INTUNIV are subject to generic competition;
- the failure to obtain and maintain reimbursement, or an adequate level of reimbursement, by third-party payers in a timely manner for Shire's products may affect future revenues, financial condition and results of operations;
- Shire conducts its own manufacturing operations for certain of its products and is reliant on third party contract manufacturers to manufacture other products and to provide goods and services. Some of Shire’s products or ingredients are only available from a single approved source for manufacture. Any disruption to the supply chain for any of Shire’s products may result in Shire being unable to continue marketing or developing a product or may result in Shire being unable to do so on a commercially viable basis for some period of time;
- the manufacture of Shire’s products is subject to extensive oversight by various regulatory agencies. Regulatory approvals or interventions associated with changes to manufacturing sites, ingredients or manufacturing processes could lead to significant delays, an increase in operating costs, lost product sales, an interruption of research activities or the delay of new product launches;
- Shire has a portfolio of products in various stages of research and development. The successful development of these products is highly uncertain and requires significant expenditures and time, and there is no guarantee that these products will receive regulatory approval;
- the actions of certain customers could affect Shire's ability to sell or market products profitably. Fluctuations in buying or distribution patterns by such customers can adversely affect Shire’s revenues, financial condition or results of operations;
- investigations or enforcement action by regulatory authorities or law enforcement agencies relating to Shire’s activities in the highly regulated markets in which it operates may result in significant legal costs and the payment of substantial compensation or fines;
- adverse outcomes in legal matters and other disputes, including Shire’s ability to enforce and defend patents and other intellectual property rights required for its business, could have a material adverse effect on Shire’s revenues, financial condition or results of operations;
- Shire faces intense competition for highly qualified personnel from other companies and organizations. Shire is undergoing a corporate reorganization and was the subject of an unsuccessful acquisition proposal and the consequent uncertainty could adversely affect Shire’s ability to attract and/or retain the highly skilled personnel needed for Shire to meet its strategic objectives;
- failure to achieve Shire’s strategic objectives with respect to the acquisition of NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc. may adversely affect Shire’s financial condition and results of operations; and
other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in Shire’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those risks outlined in “Item 1A: Risk Factors” in Shire’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014.