Shire has a long history of supporting patient advocacy organisations. We work hand in hand with patient advocacy organisations to focus our efforts on the following imperatives:
- Making a difference and bringing value to patients, patient organisations and Shire
- Fostering and sustaining relationships with patient advocacy organisations
- Championing the patient voice within Shire
- Being transparent in communications and business practices
- Continuously demonstrating integrity, ethics and compassion
- Working together to positively impact the healthcare environment
Our Patient Advocacy team acts as a voice within Shire, helping colleagues better understand a patient’s unique needs, and ensuring the patient perspective is always represented. In doing so, our patient advocates help their colleagues truly understand the burden of disease – the emotional, financial and day-to-day challenges that patients, caregivers, and families encounter.
We partner with patient advocacy organisations to support patient communities in a number of ways -- from disease education to representing Shire in patient conferences. More than anything, we are working together to forge opportunities for better care, and to make a difference in the lives of patients and caregivers.
Contact us :
Tel: +61 2 8019 4400
Fax: +61 2 8864 0161